Official Galaxy S3 I9300 Jelly Bean Update Tutorial
The time has come! Ever since Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean was released by Google, all the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 have been itching for an update. Now it has come, bringing all the tasty additions Jelly Bean has to offer to the Galaxy S3. Project Butter has made a huge overall difference, and navigation throughout the UI is a breeze. Google Now is also a great alternative to S Voice, and works quite well in terms of voice recognition and functions. You can access it by holding down the settings soft key on the bottom left of the phone. Overall, this official firmware release features almost zero bugs, and from our experience so far, is quite the flawless Jelly Bean experience!
- Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 charged up to at least 60% and with USB Debugging enabled
- Make sure you have the latest drivers: Samsung Drivers for Windows 64 bit (x64) Samsung Drivers for Windows 32 bit (x86)
- Make sure you back up ALL of your important information: Use your Google account to sync your contacts and apps, and transfer your media to your computer
- A Windows computer with XXDLIB Jelly Bean firmware which can be downloaded from: here
- Odin program which can be downloaded: here
- Extract the XXDLIB Jelly Bean firmware file to your computer’s desktop, there should be a .tar and .tar.md5 file
- Extract the contents of the Odin file and right click the .exe file and click run as administrator
- Boot into download mode on your Galaxy S3 I9300 by holding down the volume down, power, and home button until you reach the warning screen
- Press the volume up button to accept the warning
- On Odin, you should notice that a yellow box has appeared in the top left. Also there should be a line of text that says Added!! in the bottom left. If your device does not appear on Odin, then re-install the Samsung USB drivers
- Click the PDA button on Odin and select the “I9300XXDLIB_I9300OXFDLI1_I9300XXDLIB_HOME.tar.md5″ you recently extracted on your computer
- Press the start button to begin flashing Jelly Bean onto your device
- Once Odin has finished flashing, it should say PASS at the top left and your device should begin to reboot. If your device does not do this, turn off your device, remove the battery, and try the process again from step 3.
- Your done! Once your device has fully rebooted you can enter your Google account information and you have successfully updated your device to the official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean from Samsung!
Thanks for reading our article: Official Galaxy S3 I9300 Jelly Bean Update Tutorial. Be sure to stay tuned to Android’s Finest for the latest in everything Android!