CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 (4.2.1 Jelly Bean) For Samsung Galaxy S3 I747
Cyanogenmod is a free, open source distribution of Android available for a range of different devices. Cyanogenmod 10.1 M2 is based on the latest and tastiest version of Android, 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. What does the M2 in the name stand for you might ask? Well it means that this is the second milestone version, where the latest and best resources are used in order to produce a custom ROM that is very fast and stable. For the end user, that being you, it means you can enjoy all the features Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean has to offer without any compromises. This is a Vanilla version of Android, so you get no manufacturers skins and just pure Android like on a Nexus device. In addition to those features, CyanogenMod has a couple of nice additions that really round out the customization on this ROM. If you want a very stable 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM with minimal bugs and glitches, this is the ROM for you! Try it out and tell us what you think of it in the comment section below.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 with Clockwork Recovery Mod (tutorial: here) *If you get an error when trying to install this ROM on Clockwork Mod, try TWRP*
- Download the ROM from: here
- Download GApps from: here
- Transfer the files from your computer to device (remember where they are!)
- Remove the USB cable
- Boot into recovery mode by holding volume up, home button, and power button
- If you are coming from a different ROM, wipe all user data and cache
- Navigate to Install Zip > Install Zip from Internal SD card > Navigate to where you downloaded the ROM file > Select
- Navigate to Install Zip > Install Zip from Internal SD card > Navigate to where you downloaded the Google apps file > Select
- Your done! Reboot and enjoy!
Thanks for reading our article: CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 (4.2.1 Jelly Bean) For Samsung Galaxy S3 I747. Be sure to stay tuned to Android’s Finest for the latest in tutorials, reviews, and more! If you found this post helpful, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.